Greenpeace Arun & Adur Local Group - Local Press and Media Coordinator
Do you enjoy creative writing? Have you got an eye for a striking photo? Would you like to get involved in campaigning on global issues in your local area?
Then Greenpeace Arun & Adur Local Group’s Local Press and Media Coordinator role could be right up your street!
Arun & Adur Local Group provides a public face to Greenpeace campaigns in the area and brings expertise and energy that are vital to Greenpeace’s successes as a campaigning organisation. In addition to campaigning, Arun & Adur Group also organises fundraising and outreach events like film screenings and gigs.
Local Press and Media Co-ordinators get local press coverage of Group campaigns and activities. This involves sending out press releases, writing letters to the editor of a paper, taking photos, and building relationships with journalists.
Getting local press coverage means that more people read about our campaigns and know that there’s a local Greenpeace group near them. It also allows us to reach MPs and other decision-makers. Having content written by local people, for local people is so much more relevant and inspiring than anything written by a central press team!
You’ll be part of the Arun & Adur Group, a Network of Local Media Coordinators all across the UK, and supported by a member of staff at Greenpeace. And you will get excellent training to do your role.
If you're interested and would like to find out more, please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and we'll be in touch.
- Interested in global campaigning, such as on climate change, plastics, deforestation
- Friendly and confident engaging with members of the public
- Happy to get involved with the Arun & Adur Local Group and to go along to monthly meetings and take part in campaign activities
- An excellent written communicator
- Able to take a good photo
- You don’t have to be really knowledgeable about the media, or a trained journalist - we provide training and support
- Internet and computer savvy, and have reliable internet access
- Ideally available for at least one year, but we understand that circumstances can change, and we want to make the role work for you
- Local to Arun & Adur.
- Media training
- Fantastic experience for your CV
- A chance to make a real difference to environmental campaigning in your area.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You’ll usually be asked to do one or two things a month, which will probably take around 4 - 6 hours per month, alongside going to monthly meetings and supporting with campaign activities.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur & Worthing
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities