Group Activity Volunteer
Independent Lives provides social activities for older people in the Adur district. The service aims to help older people to feel less isolated and alone and support more people to become involved in the local community around them. Being an unpaid carer can be an isolating experience and, by caring for their loved one, Independent Lives is able to let the carer have some ‘me time’.
Group activity volunteers will assist in running groups aimed at helping older people and people with dementia remain socially active.
Maybe you have a skill that you could share with others, or just want to get involved in something fun and rewarding. Activities may include knitting groups, coffee mornings, games sessions and IT sessions.
- Outgoing personality
- Good listening skills
- Interested in working with older people, people with a disability or carers
- Over 18
- Be able to provide details of 2 referees who have known you for more than 2 years
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full induction and training
- Travel expenses to and from your placement
- Opportunities to volunteer at other events and activities
Available at any of these times every week: Thursday mornings, Friday mornings, Friday afternoons
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
11 Liverpool Gardens
- Health and Social Care
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers