Group Coordinators needed for International Volunteer Community Projects in UK
Concordia is a charity committed to international volunteering as a means to promoting intercultural understanding and peace.
We’re looking for motivated volunteers to help with leading international volunteer groups on a UK residential project and applications are open for our Group Coordinators' Training on 4th-5th April 2020 in Portslade, Brighton.
What is the training about?
· A two day residential training weekend on preparing to be a group coordinator for Concordia.
· The training will cover skills from conflict management and intercultural learning to group cooking and team bonding!
· Once you’ve completed the training you can go on to co-ordinate an international group on a community project in the UK.
· Projects range from environmental work to helping to prepare festival sites to working with children.
All you need is one or two weeks spare at some point over the summer, some previous volunteering and/or leadership experience, motivation to work with people and youth from around the world, lots of energy, a willingness to learn/get involved and to come to our two-day preparation training in Sussex.
In our projects, our coordinators will lead either teams of volunteers aged 18+ or younger volunteers aged 15-17. You can let us know what age range you would prefer to work with on your application form.
Our projects are located all over the UK and many of them in Brighton and Hove area.
Why should you get involved?
- Do something different
- Meet people from all over the world without leaving the UK (cut back your carbon emissions!)
- Improve your leadership skills and learn new skills
- Participate in meaningful community projects
- Looks great on your CV
- Become an active volunteer for Concordia and access other training and future opportunities
- Could help you to get a job or career within the charity/voluntary sector
- When working with teenagers, you get more experience in working with youth/youth work
There is no fee to join the training – we only need your commitment and motivation!
Food and accommodation: Concordia will provide lunch and refreshments for all participants on Saturday and Sunday. If needed, we can offer participants free accommodation for Saturday night.
All costs covered on the project and travel costs refunded. If you go on to successfully coordinate a project, you can claim back your travel costs for the training weekend (within the UK). Also, coordinators do not pay anything to join the project they’re coordinating, all costs covered by Concordia. We’ll also cover your travel costs to/from the project (within the UK).
How do I get involved?
Request an application pack by calling our UK Volunteer Programme Coordinator or 01273422218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – Places are limited so apply as soon as possible.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You need about 2 weeks available during the summer to participate in a residential project. Also, you would have to attend a training session with Concordia. The next one is a 2-day training on 4th-5th April 2020 in Portslade, Brighton.|
- Community Food
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Wildlife and Animals
- Young People
- One-off Activity
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Teaching and Training
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Before, during and after the project
4th-5th April 2020 - two day trainining