Handyperson To Help With Communtiy Project
Brighton & Hove Energy Services Coop (BHESCo)
Brighton and Hove Energy Service Co-operative (BHESCo) are looking for an experienced handyperson to support the delivery of our award-winning fuel poverty alleviation programme.
BHESCo is a not-for-profit social enterprise who work with homes and businesses to meet the financial and environmental cost of their energy needs.
Since 2016 we have helped more than 600 households to improve the energy efficiency of their property, driving down energy bills and making homes more comfortable.
The work is to install a variety of free energy saving improvements such as radiator reflector panels, LED lighting, draught proofing, and secondary glazing film.
One of our expert energy advisers will have already surveyed the property and recommended suitable energy saving measures – you will simply need to contact the resident to arrange a convenient time to visit, and then go around to install the equipment.
This is a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the community.
- good organisation/scheduling skills (making appointments, being on time to appointments)
- clear telephone manner
- good at simple practical DIY tasks
- Experience dealing with low income/vulnerable households an advantage
- gain experience in the field of energy efficiency, which has been identified as a crucial factor towards the UK meeting its climate change targets
- be a part of a valuable community project that is delivering significant financial and health benefits
- travel expenses paid
- discover more about the Community Energy sector
You will need your own transport (we will reimburse mileage and parking costs). The work will all be within the greater Brighton & Hove area.
We expect the role to last at least until the end of September with the potential to continue until the end of 2019.
When do I need to be available?
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer