Head Office Receptionist
Do you enjoy meeting and helping people?
Then this could be the perfect volunteer role you've been looking for. Based at Guild Care's Head Office reception in Worthing, you would be answering door enquiries - meeting & greeting visitors, ensuring they sign in appropriately and directing them / phoning through to staff members to announce their arrival, as appropriate.
You would be signing for and sorting out the delivery of parcels and your admin duties would include for example filling of envelopes, photocopying etc..
In keeping with Guild Care's Covid-19 regulations you would ensure that all visitors follow sanitising instructions and maintain social distancing within the reception area. As volunteer receptionist you would help to keep the reception area clean, tidy and safe.
The hours of the role are Mon to Fri 12pm - 4pm and we hope to role share with 2/3 volunteers.
The skills and experiences we are looking for are:
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Being used to managing your own time
- An eye for detail and a willingness to help visitors and staff alike
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment
- A good level of initiative and common sense
- An open and non-discriminatory attitude
- A flexible approach
- An understanding of confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Be at least 18 years old.
Benefits of this role:
- Working in a busy environment meeting an interesting mix of people
- Being part of a dynamic charity highly regarded across Worthing
- Opportunities to learn new skills.
- Guild Care's Head Office at Methold House is located in the centre of Worthing
- Parking available on-site
- Shared role with other volunteer receptionists
- Head Office easily accessible by Worthing bus routes and train station.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteering role can start asap|
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Learning Disabilities
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities