Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
Healthwatch Brighton and Hove needs to be represented at a large number of health and social care committees and board meetings across the city. As a Meeting Representative you will sit on one or more of these bodies, representing the views of the people of this city and report back. You will be fully supported and briefed by the Healthwatch team.
- Attend specific meetings as a representative of Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
- Prepare for each meeting by reading all relevant paperwork
- When required, speak on behalf of Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
- Report back within 7 days of each meeting using our feedback form
- Report urgent issues to us as soon as possible after the meeting
- Liaise with our staff team prior to meetings to ascertain key issues and information.
You should have experience of:
- Speaking at meetings / public events
- Representing the views of others objectively
Listening to and giving consideration to the views of others.
You should also be able to:
- Read and digest written materials
- Leave aside one’s own personal agenda
- Maintain confidentiality
- Show tact and diplomacy coupled with tenacity and skills of persuasion
Punctuality and reliability.
Not essential, but helpful to have a background in Health and Social Care Services.
The chance to improve health and social care services in your local community, whilst earning valuable practical experience in this sector.
Full training given as well as well as regular opportunities for further training.
A reference after six months of service.
Our offices are in central Brighton, near the main station and this is
where we would have interviews training and volunteer meetings. You would not be based there as your role would involve traveling to a meeting venue in the city.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask that you commit to 6 months of volunteering - days/time can be flexible.|
- Health and Social Care
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reimbursement of all out-of-pocket expenses
- Health and Safety
Full training provided
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability and professional indemnity covered
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Regular opportunities for support from the Healthwatch team and other volunteers, in group and one-to-one settings.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Regular opportunities for relevant training.