Helping people find work or training and helping the elderly with computers etc
On Your Way
Would you like to support local people in Moulsecoomb and Bevendean to find work, training opportunities or apprenticeships?
Could you help people out with computer skills?
Could you spare 2 – 3 hours per week?
We are looking for new volunteers for our ‘On Your Way’ job clubs and digital inclusion drop-ins.
‘On Your Way’ is run by our community for our community - we help anyone who is looking for work or training, or needs help with technology.
- Have you a good understanding of the obstacles people face when looking for work, and can work with them at a pace they are comfortable with?
- Understand that helping the elderly with technology is very important because it can help them feel in touch with the rest of us and take them out of isolation?
- Would you be happy to make someone a cup of tea and sit & listen to them?
- Could you help them describe their previous experience and transferable skills?
- Could you help someone to write a CV or covering letter? Or use their phone, laptop or tablet?
If you could do these, and give people a sense of hope, then why not come and volunteer with us?
We can help you to develop your skills and provide training, if you are happy to work together with our team of volunteers.
We are a community-run job club established by local people. The majority of us have additional support needs, which gives us an understanding of wide range of needs volunteers may have and a willingness to adapt our procedures to facilitate these. All of our job clubs are currently in accessible buildings.We will:
- pay travel expenses
- provide refreshments
- provide training.
It's amazing, the feeling of self-worth.
At the moment we have three venues:
- Monday’s 10:00-1400 at the Moulsecoomb Library
- Wednesday’s 9:30-12:00 at Lower Bevendean Food Bank and coffee morning
- Thursday’s 13:30-15:30 at the Bevy Pub 50 Hillside
Soon we will also be adding Coldean Library.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||All dates except Bank holidays and public holidays|
Where does this role take place?
Holy Nativity Hall
The Bevy Pub
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Advice and Information
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer