Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
Our Lay Assessors interview people receiving home care from a local provider, speaking to residents and their families about their experience and the quality of service they receive. You feedback that information to us and we collate and report back Brighton & Hove City Council who use it to ensure the service providers maintain a high quality of care. You:
- Conduct surveys in the homes of people with home care providers.
- Observe the provision of service and obtain the views of service users, families and friends.
- Report the responses and observations to us.
- Attend periodic meetings of LAS volunteers.
You should have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Work as part of a team
- Leave aside one’s own personal agenda and issues
Not essential, but helpful if you also had:
- A background in Health and Social Care Service
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of conducting public surveys.
The chance to improve health and social care services in your local community, whilst earning valuable practical experience in this sector.
Full training given as well as well as regular opportunities for further training.
A reference after six months of service.
You role would involve visiting home care users in their own homes. You can visit in pairs or on your own if you prefer, we have a secure alarm check in system in place.
Our offices are in central Brighton, near the main station and this is where we would have interviews training and volunteer meetings.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask that you commit to 6 months of volunteering - days/time can be flexible.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Practical Skills
- Supporting People and Befriending
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Because of the nature of this role an Enhanced DBS check is required.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Full out-of-pocket expenses paid
- Health and Safety
Full training provided
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability and professional indemnity covered
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Volunteers can visit in pairs.
Support on Offer
Regular opportunities for support from the Healthwatch team and other volunteers, in group and one-to-one settings.
Regular opportunities for relevant training.