Horsham Breakfast Club Cooks and Helpers
To create a warm and welcoming environment for our clients. To prepare, cook and serve the breakfast items.
- Setting up of tables.
- Greeting clients.
- Taking their breakfast orders.
- Serving hot and cold drinks.
- Preparing, cooking and serving the breakfast food.
- Clearing up after the breakfast session is finished.
It is Turning Tides’ hope and expectation that volunteers will:
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times
We aim to have 3 volunteers on each shift with one volunteer taking the responsibility of cooking and the other volunteers supporting the cook.
We are open from 9am – 11.30am offering a safe space for our clients to visit and access our services.
Services include: free breakfast items, a cooked breakfast for 50p, access to our Horsham Coordinator and Horsham Outreach Worker offering advice and information. We also have food parcels and items that clients may need such as extra items of clothing and sleeping bags.
Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
- Working in a team
- Gaining experience with a homeless charity
- Gaining experience in catering
Within 0.3 mile of Horsham Station.
some volunteers commit to one day per month, other volunteers commit to one
morning per week.
The full shift, 8.30 - 11.30 am on Mondays would need to be covered.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||From 8.30am – 11.30am, Mondays.|
Where does this role take place?
The Salvation Army
- Homeless and Housing
- Cooking and Catering
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
There is always a member of staff on duty. The member of staff is based at the front desk and welcome clients. The member of staff is also on hand to signpost clients to any other team members.