Hospital Discharge - Admin Support
Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
This role is about supporting our staff and volunteers, who are helping people find the help they need.
Our Hospital Discharge Well-being Service involves volunteers calling recently discharged patients from our local hospitals to check if they have any concerns related to their to their hospital discharge, as well as checking on their wellbeing in this time of isolation, and how well supported they are.
This role is to provide support to our team, handling incoming lists, allocating to volunteers, sharing information and dealing with queries.
This project forms a vital part of our city’s overall response to Covid-19, working in partnership with Brighton and Hove City Council, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and the Sussex Health and Care Partnership.
We're looking for people with the ability to:
- be organised and thorough
- feel comfortable communicating with people
- use email, Microsoft Excel and Word with internet access.
Not essential, but helpful if you also had:
- A background in Health and Social Care Services
- Experience of working with other volunteers.
As a volunteer on this project you can:
- help people, some who are at a difficult time in their lives
- earn valuable practical experience in the health and social care sector
- connect with other volunteers and feel part of a team
You will receive:
- initial training and regular opportunities for further training.
- support throughout and expenses covered
- a reference after six months of service.
You would be working remotely, so must have a phone, computer or tablet, and internet access.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The project runs 7 days a week, but the dates and availability are down to you. You can choose which days and how often you will be involved.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Emergency Response
- Employment, Education and Training
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Practical Skills
- Sorting and organising items
Work from home.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
All expenses paid.
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability and professional indemnity covered.
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Because of the nature of this role a DBS check is required, but we can accept a current DBS with another organisation if completed within 3 years. Or we will cover the cost of completing a new online one.
Support on Offer
Regular opportunities for support from the Healthwatch team and other volunteers, in group and one-to-one settings.
This role is adaptable for different abilities
Where possible, we will adapt the role to suit.
Full training including Safeguarding, Information Governance, as well as further opportunities for training.