Hospital Discharge - Well-being Caller
Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
This role is about helping people, and supporting them to find the help they need.
Our Hospital Discharge Well-being Service involves volunteers calling recently discharged patients from our local hospitals to check if they have any concerns related to their to their hospital discharge. Any issues are reported back to hospital discharge team, and steps taken to resolve the issue for the patient.
The volunteers also take the opportunity to check on the patients well-being in this time of isolation, and how well supported they are. If any other support is needed then the volunteer can or signpost to the B&H council and other community services.
This project forms a vital part of our city’s overall response to Covid-19, working in partnership with Brighton and Hove City Council, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and the Sussex Health and Care Partnership.
We're looking for people with the ability to:
- feel comfortable talking to a diverse range of people, over the phone
- be compassionate and supportive
- able to use email and Microsoft Word
- with internet access for submitting call responses online.
Not essential, but helpful if you also had:
- A background in Health and Social Care Services
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of conducting public surveys.
As a volunteer on this project you can:
- help people, some who are at a difficult time in their lives
- earn valuable practical experience in the health and social care sector
- connect with other volunteers and feel part of a team.
You will receive:
- initial training and regular opportunities for further training.
- support throughout and expenses covered
- a reference after six months of service.
You would be working remotely, so must have a phone, computer or tablet, and internet access.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The project runs 7 days a week, but the dates and availability are down to you. You can choose which days and how often you will be involved.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Young People
Work from home.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
All expenses paid.
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability and professional indemnity covered.
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Because of the nature of this role a DBS check is required, but we can accept a current DBS with another organisation if completed within 3 years. Or we will cover the cost of completing a new online one.
Support on Offer
Regular opportunities for support from the Healthwatch team and other volunteers, in group and one-to-one settings.
This role is adaptable for different abilities
Where possible, we will adapt the role to suit.
Full training including Safeguarding, Information Governance, as well as further opportunities for training.