The Sussex Beacon
We are looking for volunteers who could spare a few hours each week to help support our Housekeeping team at the Sussex Beacon, to ensure the day rooms and communal areas are tidy and welcoming for our service users.
The role would include, helping with the laundry and general cleaning of the non-hospital areas at the Beacon centre.
Although this volunteer role does not require previous experience, (full training will be provided), the volunteer will need to have an understanding of the work carried out at the Sussex Beacon and would be non-judgmental and friendly to visitors.
Full training, build confidence and gain skills and experience that could be useful in the workplace or with getting employment, and develop knowledge of HIV and HIV related issues.
There is free parking at the Sussex Beacon, and a subsidised lunch is also available.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
10 Bevendean Road
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- General Helping
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities