Human Resources Support Volunteer
Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP)
The Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP) works with young people who are Black, Asian, Arab and Mixed Heritage aged 11 to 25.
We support young people achieve positive self esteem and confidence by delivering events, activities and projects. Our current projects include regular weekly drop in sessions, holiday activities, mentoring and tutoring and more.
Our sessions are delivered by part time paid staff and volunteers. We reviewing and updating our polices and procedures relating to staff's pay, conditions, rights and well being at work, and producing staff handbooks. The volunteer will help us to:
- Review and update staff contracts, polices and procedures that we currently have.
- Write policies that we don't have to ensure we are operating within legislation and guidelines.
- Help to produce staff handbooks for paid and volunteer staff.
- Give advice regarding staff support and training.
The volunteer will work closely with the project Development Manage to achieve the goals. We are looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of Human Resources legislation and practice.
- Experience in writing policies procedures and guidelines.
- Good communication skills
- Able to work flexibly and independently with a small charity.
- To make a valuable contribution to a small charity working towards benefitting Black and Minority Ethnic Young people.
- Gain experience which can be added to your CV.
- Expenses will be reimbursed.
- This role can be undertaken from home and therefore the hours worked will be flexible and fit in with volunteer's lifestyle and any other commitments.
- Meetings can be held face to face and/or online.
- The volunteer must have access to computer and wifi/broadband in order to fulfil their duties.
When do I need to be available?
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Young People
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities