A young person in care can, in conjunction with their social worker, request a personal volunteer who will take them out once a month, usually at a weekend, to provide an opportunity for a chat and a fun experience. Bedford Borough has placed a 12 year girl (13 in June) in Peacehaven. Could you be that extra listening ear, that additional adult friend who gets involved in her life simply because you want to? We look for an initial commitment of at least 12 months. Driver with access to a car preferred. Age 21+
Some experience of working with children and young people. Good listener.
- Gain experience of working with a national children's charity.
- Full training and supervision.
- The opportunity to support a young person in care. Satisfaction of supporting the local community.
- Expenses payable for mileage and activities.
- Individual and group supervision.
- DBS needed- arranged by us.
- Most training conducted online.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Outings are normally at a weekend but could be at other times during school holidays.|
Where does this role take place?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities