Induction Training Facilitator
Terrence Higgins Trust (Brighton)
The Volunteer Induction training is a compulsory course that has been designed to ensure that upon completion delegates are able to work effectively as a volunteer within the Terrence Higgins Trust.
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic communicators with a strong understanding of HIV and sexual health to deliver in-house training to a large group of delegates.
Commitment: To deliver 1 or 2 induction sessions per year.
- To have the ability to deliver support in an empathetic, non-judgemental and non-discriminatory manner to people of all sexualities, genders and ethnicities.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills are essential.
- Ability to facilitate large and small groups, and work comfortably on a one-to-one basis.
- Must be comfortable in discussing various topics and issues in relation to HIV, HIV transmission, medication and other sexual health topics.
- Previous facilitation experience (desirable, not essential).
- Full training provided
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses where possible
- Support and supervision
- References given subject to THT policy
- Opportunity to undertake accredited training programmes
- Opportunity to develop and update skills and gain new experiences
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteers would need to be available to deliver the training across a 3 x evenings or 1 x weekend.|
Where does this role take place?
314-320 Gray's Inn Road
- Employment, Education and Training
- Health and Social Care
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Teaching and Training
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
• Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses where possible.
- Health and Safety
All volunteers will completed the volunteer induction training.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Support on Offer
Support from Volunteer Manager.