The Royal British Legion
We are looking for someone who is committed to the Legion’s mission and values, and enjoys working in customer-facing environment. We would expect you to be a reliable and dependable team player and have the following skills:
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use computers and the internet.
- Able to organise own workload.
- Committed to equality and diversity.
- An opportunity to develop and learn new skills, enhance your CV, make new friends and have an enjoyable and rewarding experience. You will be part of a friendly, committed team and meet a wide range of people.
- Gain valuable experience of providing information and support in a customer-facing environment.
- Gain a working knowledge of statutory services and the benefits system, as well as of the Legion, its mission, objectives, and the services it provides.
Practical ConsiderationsWe are located in Central Brighton, just a few minutes walk from Brighton train station and local bus links.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
South East Area
100-101 Queens Road
- Employment, Education and Training
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses and lunch in addition if volunteering for a full day
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Employers and public liability
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Volunteers never left alone - always have a member of staff with them at all times
Provided at the start