IT Support Volunteer
“A digital world accessible to all”
Award winning IT charity AbilityNet is looking for Tech volunteers to help people get the most out of technology across UK
What will I be doing?
- Contacting clients to arrange a date/time to support .
- Carrying out support for the clients you have accepted.
- Feeding back on progress via our online ticketing system.
- Supporting your local Coordinator with promoting the volunteer service in the local area.
You don’t need to be a tech guru to help out. If you use a computer at home or work, and perhaps support family and friends with their tech issues, you are likely to have the skills we need:
- A passion to help others.
- Good IT and computer skills.
- Knowledge of standard operating systems and software would be useful
- The ability to communicate well with people.
- Patience and empathy.
- Your own transport or good transport links – for face-to-face support is possible.
Benefits of the opportunity
· Manage your own volunteering hours to fit in with your work and other commitments.
· No minimum maximum hours per month
· Be a part of changing the lives of disabled and older people in your local area.
· Access to high quality technology and disability training.
· Network with a nationwide team of other Coordinators and IT volunteers.
· Be part of a respected national charity which is supported by IBM and Microsoft.
· We pay travel expenses at 45p per mile and all public transport costs
- The chance to network with other IT professionals.
- A basic job reference when looking for work.
Practical ConsiderationsYour own transport or good transport links – for face-to-face support is possible
When do I need to be available?
|Details||none, all hours are decided by volunteer|
Where does this role take place?
AbilityNet DSA Centre,
Brighton Junction, 1A Isetta Square,
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
Depends on client's home
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
All travel expenses are paid.
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Yes Yes, via County Co-ordinator and Office
Yes, regular webinars, events and online training