Volunteer Finance Coordinator
Crohn's & Colitis UK
We need your support to help people living with Crohn’s and Colitis.
You can make a real difference to people’s lives by joining our team. We organise events for people living with Crohn’s or Colitis and we help raise awareness of the conditions with general public – all in your local area.
What the role involves:
- Approve invoices, bills, cheques and donations on behalf of the team
- Liaise with the Volunteer Co-ordinated Treasurer to arrange payments and request the account balance
- Pay any donated cash direct into the bank account and keep a record of payments
You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in any of these activities:
- organising events, education and information sessions, social activities
- editing newsletters
- managing social media pages
*Please note, you must be over the age of 18 years old to undertake this role*
We’re looking for volunteers who can commit to at least 10 hours a month during evenings and weekends (we also have opportunities during the day). The role is really flexible. There are no set days or times, so you can organise your voluntary activities around your own commitments.
A variety of skills and experiences are welcome - you can bring your expertise and interests to the team. We look for:
- Reliable and organised individual with good time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to travel within the local area to attend meetings and events – this can be within your own local community or across the whole area.
How does your support help?
We’re much stronger together so your time will:
- enable us to reach more people to help them understand the impact that IBD has on people living with these conditions
- Access vital support and information from Crohn’s and Colitis UK
- Raise more money to channel into Crohn’s and Colitis UK’s services for people impacted by IBD.
• You’ll make a positive contribution together with your friends, family or colleagues
• You’ll share new experiences and be active in your local community with a fun and passionate team
• You’ll get access to development opportunities and gain experience in events, planning, teamwork, social media and so much more!
• You’ll meet people from different cultures and background, as you make social connections throughout the community.
• You will develop your awareness and understanding of the impact in living with a lifelong health condition and the work of an ambitious national charity
• You’ll improve your own wellbeing through: giving, being active, learning and connecting.
96% of our volunteers say they are “proud to tell people that I volunteer for Crohn’s and Colitis UK”
91% of Crohn’s and Colitis UK volunteers say “my volunteering gives me a sense of personal achievement”.
The team exists throughout Brighton & West Sussex and arranges activities across locations to bring people together locally.
Support is available throughout your time volunteering with us – each local team has the support of a member of staff and the rest of the team of volunteers.
When do I need to be available?
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Volunteers must be over 18 to do this finance role.
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer