Journey Makers Volunteer
Journey Makers - Volunteering Matters
Following months of lockdown, Autumn marks a significant time as students return to school and university, and employees return to work. This role will give you the opportunity to help uphold social distancing regulations at transport hubs, and support your community as they adjust to these regulations that will help to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Journey Makers (like Games Makers from the Olympics) will be positioned at Brighton station (and Eastbourne station) to *remind* travellers to wear face coverings, to provide some free face coverings and hand sanitiser - you are the welcoming face to put travellers at ease.
Public Transport is a critical tool for many individuals, connecting them to employment, education, support networks and volunteering opportunities. As you are aware, COVID-19 has had a significant impact on the ability to access public transport. Journey Makers is actively working to restore community confidence in this area and we would love your help!
- Willingness to support your community during COVID-19 pandemic
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with the public
- The ability to show enthusiasm and have a sense of humour
- Flexibility and resilience
- Be fit and healthy and reliable.
- Support your community to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Full induction and ACT (Action Counters Terrorism) training
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Shift time and length is flexible, depending on your preferences and needs.
- There are available shifts in the morning and afternoon, Monday-Saturday.
- Shifts are 3 hours long (ideally).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Shift time and length is flexible, depending on your preferences and needs. There are available shifts in the morning and afternoon, Monday-Saturday. Shifts are 3 hours long (ideally).|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses will be reimbursed/covered
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Local Volunteer Manager will be able to support you before, during and after your shift(s)
- This role is adaptable for different abilities