Kitchen Assistant &/or Lunch Social Club Volunteer
Brighton Bevendean Salvation Army
We are looking to restart our weekly Lunch and Friendship Club asap.
- To carry out general kitchen duties under the instruction and supervision of the Cook or Community programme worker
- To carry out general dining area duties – such as laying tables, serving, and clearing away
- To comply with food hygiene regulations (training will be given if necessary), and other safety regulations
- To clean catering areas, ensuring a high standard of cleanliness
- To dispose of waste correctly
- Assist in serving refreshments and snacks to club members throughout day.
Tuesday 10am - 1pm, and/or 1pm - 3pm
We will need references and to arrange for DBS checks.
This is a lovely opportunity to make a huge difference to elderly & isolated, local people.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of and empathy with older people
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Good Communication Skills
- community service.
On street parking nearby.
On route of n. 48 bus - stop right by premises.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities