Kitchen Deputy at Brighton Soup Events
Running the kitchen is a big part of what happens at Brighton Soup, the name is a bit of a giveaway! The person who currently runs this, Peter, oversees everything to do with soup and food. We already have ad hoc volunteers who help with the kitchen setup, serving customers, and washing up.
We are now looking for a new volunteer Kitchen Deputy to help Peter in a more dedicated and supervisory role.
Dates: We run 4 events per year, usually in March, June, September and December. Our next event is on the 7th October. Location is Community Base, Queen’s Road, Brighton.
- This would suit someone who already works in the food industry and wants to get involved with an established local charity, or someone with good practical skills who’d like to gain experience in managing a small but important operation in the charity sector.
- Within the first 6 months of joining us, we will need you to have completed a Level 2 food hygiene course. This can be done online and is relatively inexpensive. We will cover the cost of this if you don’t already have one.
- Being part of a small, friendly team, organising fun events that benefit the whole community.
- The Kitchen Assistant will be given full training and support, with a long-term view to them becoming able to run the kitchen side of events on their own where necessary.
- A great opportunity to gain some valuable experience.
- We run 4 events per year, usually in March, June, September and December.
- Our next event is the 7th October. Location is Community Base, Queen's Road, Brighton.
- Before our events, the hours are flexible. On the day of our events, the Kitchen Deputy will be needed from around 1pm-10pm. We will provide refreshments.
- Community Base is well-served by bus routes, and is close to Brighton train station.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||4 days a year to support our events, which are usually held in March, June, September and December each year.|
Where does this role take place?
113 Queens Road
- Community Food
- Cooking and Catering
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities