Knit and Knatter with Ann Volunteer visitor, Durrington
Royal Mencap Society
You will spend time with Ann, visiting 6 times a year.
In this role you will be supporting Ann who lives in Durrington. Ann lives in a home with a number of other house mates who also have learning disabilities.
At home she loves knitting, reading girly magazines and looking at pictorial books. She collects handbags and loves buying jewellery and having her nails painted. Once you get to know her you could visit the nearby park or some of the many other local amenities nearby. Ann uses a wheelchair when she goes out so you will need to push her.
She would really enjoy having someone to take her out to do some of her favourite activities or stay in for a Knit and Knatter and her favourite drink - HOT CHOCOLATE!
Ann is looking for a visitor volunteer either on a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon.
You will be introduced and get to know her with the support of Mencap staff.
As a Mencap Visiting Volunteer you will be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Friendly, patient and reliable
- You will need to push Ann's wheelchair when going out
- Make a difference for a person with a learning disability
- Training & induction to the volunteer role
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. travel)
- Mencap Extras – discounts from high street retailers
- Meet new people
- We'll value your contribution
- Ongoing support from our Volunteer Coordinator, who will join you for your first visit
When & where do I need to be available?
Visits are every 2 months and can be Tuesdays or Thursday in Durrington.
Visits will last around 1 - 1.5 hours.
Before applying please check your journey to make sure it's practical for you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Visits are every 2 months and can be Tuesdays or Thursday in Durrington. Visits will last around 1 - 1.5 hours.|
Where does this role take place?