Are you a good organiser? Do you enjoy meeting people? Would you like to get involved in a charity that supports disabled people? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Leonard Cheshire is a charity that supports disabled people to feel respected, valued and safe, choose where and how they live, and participate freely in social and leisure activities.
Fethneys, in Worthing, is one of the many services we run in across the UK. It is a residential home for ten adults with severe physical disabilities and acquired brain injuries.
The people who live at Fethneys are supported to be independent, healthy and active. There’s something for everyone and our great team of staff and volunteers run individual and group activities, including independent living training.
We are looking for a Lead Volunteer who is happy to lead our group of dedicated volunteers. Your role will be to:
- Meet and greet volunteers.
- Support volunteer inductions.
- Arrange volunteer meetings.
- Consult with residents.
- Support corporate events.
- Represent Leonard Cheshire at meetings in the community and raise disability awareness.
- Support admin, including database use.
- Help with general events.
You will do this role partly from home, partly at our Fethneys residential home and partly in the community.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Strong communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Strong IT skills, with MS office and knowledge of Dynamics desirable
- Friendly and approachable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Leadership skills
- Awareness of GDPR
We will provide you with an induction and online training to support you in the role.
- This is a lovely opportunity to make a positive difference to lives of people living with severe disabilities.
- You will meet new people and have the chance to make new friends.
- This is really good experience for your CV if that's of interest to you.
Before you can start we will ask you for two references and we will carry out a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a flexible role which can be organised to fit around your other commitments.|
Where does this role take place?
Fethneys Care Home
9 Farncombe Road
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities