LGBT+ Service Volunteer
RISE UK - (Refuge, Information, Support and Education)
Support our LGBT+ Specialist Officer to organise events, manage social media accounts and promote the service which supports LGBTQ+ people across Brighton & Hove and East Sussex.
You will gain admin, events, digital, networking and overall charity experience and also get an insight in to the day-to-day running of an LGBT+ specialist domestic abuse service.
- Promotion of the service on social media; maintaining engagement.
- Networking: supporting in the preparation of networking events such as conferences with the opportunity to attend as well.
- Admin: support with administrative tasks that help with the running of the service.
- Development: Supporting the service to develop further through community engagement, and input into evolving policies.
- Other duties as required and relevant to the team’s needs.
- A passion for supporting the work that RISE undertakes.
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and LGBTQ+ people who have experienced domestic violence.
- An understanding and respect for diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and general IT skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and work with confidential data.
- Good attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team.
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
- You will be working as part of a dynamic and supportive professional organisation where you will receive comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- You will have an opportunity to develop your strengths and skills (communication, teamwork, time management, positive attitude, initiative), build confidence and feel valued.
- Experience of volunteering in the third sector and increased knowledge of third sector organisational structure and processes.
- Regular supervisions and open discussion about any further development.
- Possible opportunities to develop autonomy over small project areas as well as input your ideas into current ones.
- You will gain transferable skills that may provide you with an additional source a for positive work reference.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
Closing date – Wednesday20th November
Interviews – Morning of Tuesday 26th November
When do I need to be available?
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Supporting Charities
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
This post is open to applicants of any gender.
There is a lift at our offices but no disabled toilet facilities.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer