Keep Britain Tidy
Have you got what it takes to be a #LitterHeroes Ambassador?
If so, join us!
We should all care for our local environment but we know that some go above and beyond. Whilst juggling work, family and life, people are caring for the environment not just on their own doorstep but on their neighbours’ too.
We are looking for people, with infectious enthusiasm and a passion for action, to become a #LitterHeroes Ambassador in their local community, to help us shape the future of a litter-free UK.
Whether you can spare an hour a month or an hour a day, if you are passionate about the fight against litter, making a difference on your own doorstep and spreading the message further, this could be the opportunity for you!
Thanks to players of People’s Postcode Lottery, we will help you make a difference in your bit of the world and together we’ll clean up this country.
Keep Britain Tidy will support you in this role by providing:
- Access to online resources.
- A dedicated member of staff providing support and guidance.
- Exclusive access to Keep Britain Tidy’s public liability insurance (subject to meeting eligibility criteria).
- Training in a variety of areas including: leadership, social media, and community engagement.
- Resources to help you obtain required equipment.
The opportunity to
attend national and local events.
You will need to enjoy getting outside and leading by example, encouraging others to love where they live and make tangible improvements to your neighbourhood.
As a #LitterHeroes Ambassador you will work within your local community to inspire and encourage new and existing #LitterHeroes to take action by getting involved in litter picking events throughout the year, as well as our annual campaigns such as the Great British Spring Clean and Love Parks Week.
Activities may include:
- Encouraging individuals who enquire about #LitterHeroes to join a new or existing group in their area.
- Guiding new and/or existing groups to the correct departments within their local authority to access services and resources.
- Working with Keep Britain Tidy's corporate partners (e.g. Wilko, the Daily Mail, Coca-Cola etc) to encourage employees to organise their own #LitterHeroes events.
- Developing relationships with local suppliers, enabling #LitterHeroes easier access to tools and resources.
- Encouraging local community involvement in Keep Britain Tidy campaigns, such as the Great British Spring Clean.
- Forwarding any creative ideas to us at Keep Britain Tidy.
- Fulfilling administrative tasks to support us in capturing data and feedback, to help us continue to monitor and improve the programme.
1 - Litter picking can support physical and mental wellbeing.
2 - You will be able to extend your leadership skills and share your experiences with others across the UK.
3 - Access to Keep Britain Tidy resources to help clear up your local community for the benefit of all.
This opportunity takes place across the UK (led by you in your own community) and is subject to a competitive application process.
When do I need to be available?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Wildlife and Animals
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer