Loans Processor Assistant
East Sussex Credit Union
East Sussex Credit Union, a savings and loans cooperative actively combating the detrimental effects of poverty and financial exclusion, needs a volunteer to help our "Loan Team" processing loans.
The East Sussex Credit Union is a vital lifeline for the financially excluded, providing a source of borrowing that circumvents the crippling interest rates of payday lenders or even worse, loan sharks. In addition, we encourage saving and money management to enable people to rise out of a downward spiral of constant debt.
We are here solely for our members and aim to provide affordable credit to anyone who can afford to pay the loan repayments. This means that loan processing is at the very heart of what makes the Credit Union viable, generating funds for further lending and a dividend for savers.
The Loans Processor Assistant will aid the Credit Union by:
- Accepting loan applications under the supervision of our main Loan Processor, checking if loan applications are completed properly and obtaining proofs of income etc.
- Helping our Loan Team on runnnig credit checks on applicants, check and assess applicant's credit score.
- Communicate with applicants via phone, email or face to face, to obtain the necessary documentations in order to process the loan and to keep applicants up to date on their loan appliaction progresses.
- Assisting the Loan Team on processing the loans, checking the ability of the applicant to repay the loan, referring the member to money management services if they don't have that ability.
- Helping our Loan Team on issuing loan agreements, ensuring members understand the terms of the loan agreement and that relevant forms are completed and processed.
The ideal volunteer for this role will have good analytical skills with a keen eye for detail. Prior experience in loan processing is not necessary but must be numerate and an understanding of financial matters would be helpful.
- By joining our friendly team of volunteers and staff you will have the satisfaction of helping people improve their futures and to stand on their own two feet.
- Sense of helping those in financial difficulty and people without access to affordable loans.
- Work experience in
financial, office or legal environment.
We are based in Hove Town Hall on Tisbury road entrance.
Public transport links are available:
- Hove train station 10 minutes walking distance
- Several bus stops just right outside the premises
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Available ASAP. Please be also aware that we are requiring a minimum commitment of two full days a week, or three half days a week (a full day will be from 9.00 to 4.00pm with half an hour lunch break).|
Where does this role take place?
Hove Town Hall, Tisbury Road Offices
Tisbury Road, Hove
- Administration and Office
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Safeguarding policy and protocols
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer