We are looking for volunteers in the Brighton area to help us raise awareness of Shared Interest to the public. Supporting our Member Engagement Team, you will use your local networks and contacts to do some or all of the following:
· Raise awareness of Shared Interest through providing information to local groups, organisations and networks
· Research and approach local media outlets for publicity opportunities such as community newsletters, local press and faith based media
· Seek appropriate opportunities for display of Shared Interest posters and/or leaflets
· Research social media for potential networks and audiences for Shared Interest in the local area.
We would love to hear from you if you:
· Are pro-active and self-motivated
· Have existing networks locally and strong research skills to build on these
· Can inspire others and have good people skills
· Have empathy with the aims and objectives of Shared Interest
· Use email and are computer literate (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
We will support you with the following:
· Ongoing support with a staff contact
· Resources to support you in your role
· Basic reference (if requested)
This role is home based and you will be supported remotely by a dedicated member of staff. Email, phone and / or Skype communication will be required.
The role is for a fixed period of three months, the time commitment within that is flexible depending on your availability. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to four activities over that time. The role will begin in April 2019.
You will have the opportunity to utilise and develop your communication skills and you will help us raise even more investment so we can enable even more disadvantaged communities to trade their way out of poverty.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role is flexible to suit the volunteer as it is self-led in terms of when it may be carried out.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Marketing and Media
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer