Lyndhurst Road Reception Assistant
- To maintain front of house reception cover and cleanliness of the reception area
- Engage with residents and document interaction
- To be a friendly and approachable first point of contact for residents and visitors.
- Good interpersonal skills
- An empathetic approach
- A non-judgemental approach
- Good listening skills
It is Turning Tides hope and expectation that volunteers will:
- be inclusive and welcoming
- communicate with staff on Duty
- be flexible to the needs of the staff on duty
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- You will gain a great insight into the work of Turning Tides to end Local Homelessness
- You will gain experience of working in a dedicated team
- You will work alongside employees and receive full support for the role.
Sessions available, Monday to Sunday
- 1000 - 1300
- 1300 - 1600
- 1800 - 2100
Commitment - Flexible, however, we would ask that 1 whole session is covered
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Lyndhurst Road Assessment Project
- Homeless and Housing
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Supporting People and Befriending
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer