MacMillan Home Support volunteers: Eastbourne, Hailsham or Seaford
Age UK East Sussex
Helping elderly people, living with cancer, to remain independent and supported while undergoing a treatment plan. Can you could help with:
- Visits to the home, normally once a week, for up to 12 weeks
- Befriending over the phone
- Shopping, collecting prescriptions
- Light house cleaning
- Company for GP and hospital visits.
This can be very flexible. As a minimum, you would support someone for 12 weeks, contacting them once a week for about 1 to 2 hours, at a time which suited you both. You would always be asked if you have time to help and if you are busy for any reason (long holiday, grandparent duties etc.) then that is fine. All clients are referred to us and assessed by one of our team then if we think there could be a suitable partnership, we would discuss it will the volunteer and any decisions to progress would always be the volunteers. There will of course be training and support and expenses are paid.
- Care in the Community
- Building Relationships
- Communication Skills.
- Reasonable travel expenses paid
- Flexible hours
- Care in the community.
- Be able to Drive.
- Own or have access to a car.
- We will obtain DBS Checks.
When do I need to be available?
- Older People
- General Helping
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities