Macmillan Horizon Centre Complementary Therapy Volunteer
Macmillan Horizon Centre
Complementary therapies are a core service to people affected by cancer at the Macmillan Horizon Centre in Brighton. We are looking for fully qualified volunteers who can provide therapies such as aromatherapy massage, reflexology, Indian head massage, full body massage, reiki, and acupuncture.
- A relevant complementary therapy professional qualification
- Full insurance and registration with a professional organisation
- Significant experience in practising your therapy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to respond to need in a flexible and open manner.
- Be part of a committed team dedicated to helping people
- An opportunity to support people affected by cancer
- Meet and work with new people.
Provide complementary therapies to people affected by cancer and their family members in
areas such as massage, acupuncture and Reiki
• Complete consultation documentation
• Signpost people to other support services available.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Individual times are agreed between each volunteer and the service. Ideally you will be available for three to four hours each week, or at least once a month for a year or more.|
Where does this role take place?
2 Bristol Gate
- Practical Skills
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities