Role Purpose: To assist a service with basic maintenance tasks.
Tasks could include minor repairs, decorating, carpet cleaning, furniture building, room preparation and meter reading. Occasionally gardening and outdoor tasks may need completing. Tasks will be allocated according to the Volunteer’s skills and previous experience.
This role would suit someone with the following skill set –
• Good communication and listening skills
• Someone who is flexible and adaptable and happy to complete task alone or volunteer as part of a team
• Ability to use small hand tools i.e. screwdriver
• Experience of basic maintenance skills including painting and decorating
• Ability to use maintenance apparatus including battery driven equipment and small steps/ ladder.
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
- Being part of a team
- Gaining experience in a homeless charity
- Gaining experience in DIY
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Ideally a volunteer would be able to volunteer 1 day a week or 1 day a fortnight. Turning Tides would endeavour to be as flexible as possible and availability can be discussed at the Volunteer induction.|
Where does this role take place?
14-16 Selden Road
5 Byron Road
2 Manor Road
21 Victoria Road
22 Lyndhurst Road
- Homeless and Housing
- Supporting Charities
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
At some of the addresses
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
We will provide you with an induction to the service. Necessary training will also be provided including; Manual Handling, Health and Safety as well as training to support the use of any equipment. Staff will be present within the service during volunteering.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer