Marketing & PR Trustee
Sussex MS Centre
Are you an experienced marketing & PR professional? Do you have about one day a month available to help a small charity make an even bigger difference to people living with MS? Then this role could be for you.
The Sussex MS Centre provides oxygen therapy and other therapies such as acupuncture, reflexology, shiatsu, osteopathy and physiotherapy, group classes such as yoga, pilates and keep fit to help people with multiple sclerosis meet the challenges of living with a long term condition. We are a small charity with a big impact. We get no government money and raise over £100,000 a year to run our services.
We are at an important stage of our development. During this current Pandemic we are striving to re-establish our services in a safe and timely manner. Our focus will then be to reach out to new members, particularly those newly diagnosed with MS. In the near future we hope to return to our exciting plans to expand and build a new Centre, as we are rapidly outgrowing our current space as our popularity increases.
To help us with these exciting developments, we are looking for a Marketing & PR Trustee.
In addition to the general duties of a trustee, your role will be to:
- Maintain a complete overview of Sussex MS Centre’s Marketing and PR activities and ensure that the Centre builds a strong and well understood brand with the development of a clear voice.
- Advise staff on the further development of the organisation’s profile.
- Support staff in the development of innovative and developmental concepts to raise awareness of and support the charity.
- Assist the Centre Manager in networking within the profession.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the Centre’s marketing and communications strategy allowing the centre to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with higher-level external audiences (including the media and key influencers)
- Help develop our on-line presence via Social Media.
- Act as communications spokesperson on behalf of the board when required.
You will play a significant role in our aim to continue to be an exceptionally well-run and sustainable organisation so that we can make the greatest practical impact for people managing their lives with MS.
We are looking for people who have:
- A sound understanding, knowledge and experience of marketing and PR at strategic and operational levels.
- A track record in successful relationship building and influencing.
- A track record of success in managing a strategy to increase profile and awareness locally and regionally.
It would be great if you also have experience of developing social media content and campaigns but if you haven't, we'd still like to hear from you if you have the other qualities we are looking for.
Trustees volunteer their time and skills to support and shape the strategic direction of the Centre. It’s an opportunity to make a significant contribution to our work and future.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The estimated time commitment is about 12 days a year including six board meetings which are held in Southwick. Much of the work you will be involved in outside of the formal board meetings can be done from home and fitted around your other commitments.|
Where does this role take place?
Southwick Recreation Ground
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities