Marketing & Social Media Volunteer
BMECP (Black and Minority Ethnic Community Partnership)
We are looking to recruit a volunteer to assist in the promotion of the work undertaken by the BMECP.
60% of the time is spent:
• Develop BMECP promotional material and distribute as appropriate
• Collaborate with other BMECP team members on marketing and other tasks
• Write copy for the BMECP newsletters as requested
• Input into BMECP website and other online networks, including promotion of our work via social media channels
30% of the time is spent:
• Source/develop new relationships to promote BMECP services
• Desk-based research into potential new customers / groups for the centre
• General office administration related to all of the above
10% of the time is spent:
• Supporting the BMECP in campaigns and events
Skills, experience and requirements
This role requires the following attributes:
- A good working knowledge and experience of working with social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook is desirable as is confidence in using email and Microsoft Office systems for basic administration tasks such as creating and formatting documents
- Able to produce, from a brief, publicity materials, such as brochures and leaflets
- Ability to prepare and mail out the BMECP newsletter
- A calm and patient approach and good communication skills
- Knowledge of website input and editing would be helpful but not essential as training and support will be provided.
- A reliable and trustworthy disposition
- An understanding of and commitment to equalities
- The ability to act in accordance within the BMECP’s Volunteer policy and in particular our Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality Policies
- Able to complete tasks independently, with a brief
Why choose us?
- We offer opportunities for enthusiastic local residents to gain invaluable experience, giving those involved both practical skills and an insight into the logistics of working in the not-for profit sector.
- Make a positive difference to your local community
We are looking for someone able to volunteer two half days a week if possible. However, if you are interested in this position and unable to commit to this please contact us for an informal chat.
We are able to reimburse reasonable travel expenses
Our premises are fully accessible
For more information please contact the Centre Manager;
Michelle at email@example.com or call us on 0300 303 1171
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for someone able to volunteer two half days a week if possible. However, if you are interested in this position and unable to commit to this please contact us for an informal chat.|
Where does this role take place?
10a Fleet Street
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Womens Issues
- Young People
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer