Kennedy St Foundation
Do you have marketing experience? Would you like to help a charity increase its impact? Join us in developing a charity at an exciting stage in its journey.
The Kennedy Street Foundation supports families and individuals affected by substance misuse disorder. We were founded as a social enterprise by Kevin Kennedy (Curly from Coronation Street) and Clare Kennedy in 2016, to reach more people in the community that want to embark on a journey of recovery and transformation. In 2020 we took the next step in our journey and became a registered charity.
We are now looking for a volunteer who can help with the organisation's marketing strategy, raise our brand awareness, and in maintaining and developing our social media activity to promote and maximise our reach.
As our Marketing Volunteer, you will:
- Take control of social media advertising, analytics, optimisation, and reporting.
- Focus on non-paid media opportunities.
- Write suitable copy for events, projects, news etc.
- Develop, plan and execute event specific social media campaigns using channels like Facebook.
- Develop and maintain our community.
- Post content onto our website, and other similar sites.
- Collate and write items for the email newsletter and send out via Mailchimp.
You do not need to have experience of working with a charity.
We would like our Marketing Volunteer to have:
- Experience in marketing.
- Experience or strong interest in branding, brand building, social advertising, social media, crowd funding, campaign management, community management.
- Analytical skills, strategic thinking, and professional handling of complex and social issues.
- Background or strong interest in business administration, journalism, or psychology would be useful.
- Organisation, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of MS/Apple Office or similar software.
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere...).
- Opportunity to contribute to strengthening a charity which is supporting a vulnerable group.
- The chance to connect with new people in the local area from a wide range of backgrounds, and be part of a supportive, friendly team.
- Experience to strengthen your CV.
- Flexible volunteer arrangements with remote working.
- You will need access to a computer, phone and broadband.
- Expenses as agreed.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Flexible volunteer arrangements.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Training and guidance.