Sussex Disability League
The Sussex Disability League is looking for volunteers to help with the smooth running of their matchdays which take place monthly at the Sussex FA based in Lancing.
The role of the Matchday Volunteer could involve the following:
- Helping set up the pitches before players and teams arrive.
- Making sure that on arrival players and teams are guided to the correct area of the ground.
- Pointing people in the direction of where the changing rooms, toilets and tea bar are.
- Being a pitch monitor making sure that the correct teams and ref are ready to play when required and collecting result cards for referees.
- Reporting any incidents requiring 1st Aid to the onsite St Johns Ambulance team.
- Making sure everyone enjoys their time on the day and that it is done in a safe environment.
- Working alongside the Committee Members who will be there including Chair and Welfare Office .
- No previous experience of sport or working with people with disabilities is necessary but a willing to learn on the job is important.
- We are looking for people who enjoy working with people and treats everyone the same. You must be a good communicator and willing to help where required.
- Good organisation skills and an ability to think on their feet. Not everything goes to plan.
- The players who attend enjoy the day and all they look for in a volunteer is someone who they know is fun and will treat them with respect.
For any potential volunteer you will be making a difference to someone which is a great feeling. You will make new friends along the way. It will never be dull.
We offer training for those interested and are happy to offer references.
If you are looking for a career change in to care this is a perfect way to see if care is for you.
Would suit someone looking at a career in sport.
The Sussex FA ground in Lancing is 5mins from the train station and bus stops. As a volunteer you will be able to park on site which is free of charge.
During the time with us you will be able to get a free food and drink voucher.
Disability friendly venue.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||One or two Sundays every month. Some Sundays will be morning only. When we meet we can discuss times you are available|
Where does this role take place?
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Young People
- Advice and Information
- Local Events
- Practical Skills
- Sports Volunteering
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities