Mealtime & Kitchen Volunteers
The Sussex Beacon
Mealtime Volunteers are the key link between the Catering Team and our In-Patient Unit.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking meal orders from our clients staying in our IPU,
- Taking the Meal Trolley from the kitchen to the IPU.
- Ensuring that the IPU Kitchenette is kept clean, tidy and stocked.
- Laying the tables in IPU and our dining room.
- Filling and emptying the dishwasher.
- Assisting kitchen staff with deliveries and stock rotation.
- You will need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to work both with others and as part of a team. Some catering experience would be an advantage but training will be given.
- Willing to complete Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Catering Certificate.
- Be committed to ongoing personal development.
- Able to ask for support when needed.
- Be reliable and able to commit to a regular shift over a period of at least 6 months.
- An opportunity to join a growing, friendly team of Sussex Beacon volunteers.
- Gain a qualification in food hygiene level 2.
- We offer our volunteers a subsidised lunch and will pay your Bus Fare up to the cost of a City Saver Bus fare.
- You will need to be available between 10.30 and 2pm on either a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
- You will need your own transport or be able to take a 37 bus to our site in Bevendean Road which stops at Meadowview.
- You will be need to be fit enough to push our food trolley.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You will need to be available on either a Monday , Wednesday or Friday between 10.30 and 2pm.|
Where does this role take place?
10 Bevendean Road
- Community Food
- Cooking and Catering
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We can pay up to cost of a Brighton City Bus saver towards a bus fare or petrol.
- Health and Safety
All volunteers undergo a 3 shift induction period.
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
We are fully insured.
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
You must be over 18 years old for this volunteering oppotunity.
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
We are unable have volunteers under the age of 18 at our Bevendean road premises.
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
You will be supported by the Volunteer Corodinator and your line manager.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
You will receive training for this role.