Meet and Greet Volunteer
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
We are looking for volunteers to support us in providing a friendly, welcoming, and helpful environment to patients and visitors at the Hospital.
The Meet and Greet volunteers will be responsible for ensuring that visitors are supported, wear face coverings, have access to hand washing or hand gel, and are provided with a visitor label. They will ensure that all visitors' details are logged on the visitor's log and visitors are supported at the end of their visit with the disposal of the visitors label and hand sanitizing. For visitors who have been provided with a facemask, support will be provided to ensure that these are safely disposed of.
- A commitment to improving the patient experience of their time in hospital
- Well presented, with a friendly and approachable manner and good verbal communication skills
- An ability to relate well to people on a one to one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situations
- An ability to be patient and calm even in the face of difficult situations
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- An ability to act on own initiative within the role description
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health, and safety, safeguarding adults and children, and manual handling
- To be willing to receive training in any areas as appropriate to the volunteer role.
- Use and improve your existing people skills
- Gain valuable experience to strengthen future applications
- Meet new people from different backgrounds.
- Aged 18 or over
- Able to commit reliably to at least 3 hours a week for a minimum of six months.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||3-hour shifts run 5 pm - 8 pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends|
Where does this role take place?
Mill View Hospital
- Advice and Information
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer