Meet and Greet Volunteer
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
We are looking for volunteers to support us in providing a friendly, welcoming and helpful environment in our reception area. Volunteers will offer directional advice and practical assistance as required by patients and visitors at the Hospital.
- To check with your supervisor about priorities and any issues the volunteer should be briefed about.
- Meet and greet patients, families, visitors and staff at the hospital main entrance
- When possible, offering to escort patients, families and visitors on foot to destinations
- Accompany patients in the waiting room, directing them to refreshments if required
- To provide information on local amenities like public transport, shops and other services.
- Keep waiting area clean and tidy
- Able to answer general queries about the hospital and its services.
- Actively look for anyone who may be lost or may need help.
- Ensuring that any concerns that families and visitors may have are appropriately directed or addressed
- Report any incidents to staff
- A commitment to improve the patient’s experience of their time in hospital
- Well presented, with a friendly and approachable manner and good verbal communication skills
- An ability to relate well to people on a one to one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situations
- An ability to be patient and calm even in the face of difficult situations
- An ability to act on own initiative within the role description
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health and safety, safeguarding adults and children and manual handling
- To be willing to receive training any areas as appropriate to the volunteer role.
- Use and improve your existing people skills
- Gain valuable experience to strengthen future applications
- Meet new people from different backgrounds.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Mill View Hospital