Meet and Greet / Welcomer
Creating Connections is a new and exciting prevention service for those aged 65 and over. It aims to reduce loneliness and isolation in Worthing through companionship, shared interests, and community participation.
The Meet and Greet role is a flexible and enjoyable opportunity to spend time providing emotional support and companionship to an older person by encouraging them to connect with other like-minded individuals through shared activities and interests such as music, exercise, board games, quizzes and much more.
It will involve:
- Welcoming people as they arrive at a venue for a group activity.
- Support people joining the group, showing them around and making them feel comfortable.
- Building up and maintaining relationships with group members.
- Keeping an attendance register.
- Serve refreshments and clear away.
- Handling small amounts of money.
We are looking for friendly, open and reliable people who:
- Are welcoming (especially to people who may be less confident about attending a group for a first time or entering a room when they don't know anyone.
- Honest and reliable.
- Ability to make and serve tea and coffee for a small group of older people.
- Have great listening skills and an ability to communicate with a range of different people.
- Can empathise with older people who are feeling lonely or isolated.
- Have a non-judgemental attitude and is accepting of people's differences.
- Have some knowledge of local services in Worthing area.
- Can role model our Values, maintain confidentiality and comply with appropriate policies.
- Ability to join a group on a regular basis.
- Can provide satisfactory DBS Check.
- Making a difference to people
- Building confidence.
Location may be Guild Care or Community Venues
The sessions will be on different days at various times to fit the around the persons availability however would require a commitment of approximately 2.5 hours each.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteers would need to be available for approximately 2.5 hours|
Where does this role take place?
- Older People
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Local Events
- One-off Activity
- Supporting Charities
For locations at Guild Care
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities