Membership Experience Assistant
Brighton and Hove Green Party
Brighton & Hove Green Party is one of the most active branches of the Green Party in England and Wales. We are looking to expand our volunteer team, and require a minimum of one day a week for three months. We have had volunteers on a full time basis in the past.
This role would include:
- Helping with general administration, such as replying to emails from members and supporters.
- Reviewing our website and updating content, thinking creatively about how to engage a wider audience.
- Drafting content for social media as part of a rota of other volunteers.
- Planning informative members' meetings, including inviting speakers.
- Assisting with a campaign to address the climate emergency at a local level.
- Supporting the work of the local party and our councillors.
- Evidence of time management skills.
- Evidence of initiative and self-motivation, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good computer skills, including inputting to databases and creating spreadsheets.
- Political awareness, with an understanding of Green Party aims and values.
- Evidence of managing volunteers or taking a lead role in a task.
- Willingness to learn project management techniques. We would welcome examples of managing projects or group work.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Volunteers are given a range of tasks, from written work, to event planning, to research. There is scope to determine the focus of the role, and volunteers quickly become integral to the small staff team.
The staff team work hard to ensure that volunteers have an enjoyable and rewarding experience, and develop valuable skills.
Experience in the inner workings of a political party and helping to fulfil the Green Party vision of a sustainable and equitable society.
We are currently working from home, with occasional team meetings in the office, subject to changing government guidelines. Volunteers should expect to work from home for the most part.
The Brighton & Hove Green Party has three part-time staff members, one of whom is responsible for coordinating volunteers. Specific line management is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with check ins on other week days.
Our standard hours are 9.30am to 5pm, but we can provide evening support if necessary.
Our office is by Brighton station, on Surrey Street.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Ongoing, opportunity available immediately.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
18+ only, no other requirements.
Support on Offer
Line management, appointed staff member to coordinate.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities