Spiral Sussex Ltd.
We are looking for volunteers to transport adults with learning difficulties and disabilities from their homes to our day centre in Brighton and back home on a daily basis, or in the evening or at weekends.
There are a variety of hours available.
The runs would be from the Newhaven and Seaford area to Brighton.
- Applicants must have a clean licence, and be over 25 years of age.
- Volunteer must have either a D1 category on their licence or have taken the MIDAS assessment, or have several years experience of driving minibuses or similar.
- You must also have reasonable health and good eyesight.
Previous experience of working with vulnerable people would be a help.
- Full training will be provided. and you will be supported and encouraged to learn new skills
- Supporting adults with learning difficulties is very rewarding and always full of fun.
- You will join a small friendly group of people that support and encourage each other.
- You must be actively mobile.
- Able to drive either manual or automatic vehicles.
- You must be able to assist people with walking or in wheelchairs.
- You will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination, which Spiral can organize for you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for people to be available from the beginning of March 2021|
Where does this role take place?
1A, Prospect House
The Hyde Business Park
- Learning Disabilities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
You must be 25+yrs
- This role is adaptable for different abilities