MOSAIC Black & Mixed Parentage Family Group
The aim of MOSAIC is to provide support for Black and Mixed Parentage families within Brighton and Hove. Currently we provide an Under 5's Play and Stay session and opportunities for families to get together through social events, meetings and workshops. We provide safe majority spaces for BAME children and families.
We are seeking people to join our trustee board who can support the organisation through a period of growth and change. We are currently developing a strategic partnership with the Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP) and developing pathways of engagement for children, young people and families. We are also working with Black Training Enterprise Group who are providing training and guidance through this process
We are particularly looking to recruit new trustees with experience in:
- Fundraising - applying for grants to trusts and community event fundraising
- Human resources
- Race equality, anti-racism and human rights, campaigning and activism
- Media and communications
- Support volunteers and volunteering
We would welcome applications from people who are able to demonstrate that they meet MOSAIC membership criteria. This means people who are Black, Asian or Mixed heritage or from a Mixed heritage family.
- We will provide induction and support from fellow board members
- Opportunities to share your skills and expertise in helping to shape our charity
- Opportunities to take part in fun social events with MOSAIC members
Meetings will take place at our office at Community Base, Queens Road, Brighton. Parking is very difficult, but the number 7 and 6 buses stop outside and we are a short walk from Churchill Square.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Meeting times are negotiated by board members and take account of caring responsibilities.
Meetings will take place bimonthly.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Times of meetings are negotiated|
Where does this role take place?
113 Queen's Road
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer