MOSAIC under 5's Group Volunteer
MOSAIC Black & Mixed Parentage Family Group
The aim of MOSAIC is to provide support for Black and Mixed Parentage families within Brighton and Hove. Currently we provide an Under 5s Play and Stay session and opportunities for families to get together through social events, meetings and workshops. We provide safe majority spaces for BAME children and families.
You will be providing support to the group facilitator to setup the activities for the day and preparing snacks, engaging with the children through active play and singing. You will also be required to support the group facilitator with the planning of special events and related activities e.g Christmas, Easter and Eid.
Previous experience working with children would be highly beneficial however this is not a requirement.
We expect volunteers to be able to meet MOSAIC membership criteria which is to be Black or Asian Minority Ethnic or from a Black or Mixed Heritage family.
Volunteers will be expected to have some knowledge of issues that affect Black and Mixed Parentage families in order to plan activities which will be appropriate and beneficial for the children.
Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Volunteering with MOSAIC will provide opportunities to:
- meet new people
- work in a team and gain a sense of achievement
- develop personal and professional networks
- develop communication skills
- develop skills in community development practice, or working with children and young people
- make a positive contribution to BAME communities in Brighton and Hove.
The MOSAIC office is based at Community Base 113 Queens Road, between Brighton Station and the Clocktower. Parking is limited, but buses 7 and 6 stop outside the office. Community Base is a short walk from Churchill Square and Brighton Station.
Meetings will be arranged by negotiation with staff and other volunteers working on this programme. Out of meeting tasks can be undertaken at your own convenience.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Group Sessions are between 9:30-11:30|
Where does this role take place?
Hollingdean Childrens Center
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities