Music Helper - Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust - Worthing and Adur
To introduce music appreciation and engagement on the Wards while promoting patient wellbeing and social inclusion:
- To chat to patients/carers about music; exploring their interest in this area and developing rapport.
- Encourage conversations about music patients like to listen to or used to listen to or about instruments they have played; any memories?
- To use the music apps on an SCFT iPad to engage patients with sounds: “ThumbJam”, “Bloom”, and “YouTube”.
- If you have an interest in playing instruments, play these on the ward in the patient bay, using your own or if available instruments stored on at the Ward.
- An interest in music and using this to help interact with patients.
- Good communicator especially with older people.
- Confident to run a small session with patients using an iPad to listen and explore music.
- Outgoing and friendly.
- Meeting people
- Developing skills
- Helping others in your community.
The role is based a Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital.
Travel expenses can be claimed.
Interest in music and confident using an iPad.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Available weekly for approx two hours|
Where does this role take place?
Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital
- Supporting People and Befriending
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities