Music Production Facilitator with BMEYPP
Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP)
The Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP) works with young people who are Black, Asian, Arab and Mixed Heritage aged 11 to 25 in Brighton and Hove. We work alongside young people to provide safe BME spaces where young people can access information, advice and support and to talk about any issues they are experiencing, and to take part in fun activities at the BMEYPP drop in sessions. Members have expressed an interest in music production and we would like to offer this activity at our drop in sessions. Sessions take place weekly on Wednesdays. The role will involve working with groups of young people, teaching them music production skills, which we will share on our social media and you-tube sites. We are looking for Black, Asian, Arab and Mixed parentage people who can be positive role models and build trusting relationships with young people.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Skills in music production
- Experience of working with young people aged 11 to 16
- Experience of working in informal youth settings
- Able to be non-judgemental and listen to young people
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- A good sense of humour
- Able to work within our principles of anti-discriminatory practice.
We are looking for a person who is Black, Asian, Arab or Mixed Heritage in order to reflect our membership criteria and be a positive role model for our members.
The BMEYPP will offer you induction and training in working with BME young people, so you may be a suitable candidate if you do not have experience of working with young people, but are willing to learn. You will be working alongside a team of dedicated and experienced youth workers who will support you in your role.
- Opportunities to have fun whilst being part of a new exciting project
- Opportunities to develop experience and skills in working with young people
- Make a difference to lives of young people
- Must have own equipment to start with.
The sessions currently take place at Palmeria Square which is well served by local buses. There is limited street parking nearby.
The sessions currently take place on Wednesdays 5.30 to 8.30pm.
When do I need to be available?
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities