Together Co Befriending Mental Health Volunteer
We are looking for a team of volunteers to support people with mental health needs who are older or have physical disabilities or long-term health conditions.
We ask you to commit to 6-12 months of visiting someone in Brighton or Hove for 1 hour a week to provide companionship.
This is a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop, and or build upon, your own skills and gain experience. Training, ongoing support and supervision are provided.
Volunteers receive regular ongoing support once they begin visiting. This includes:
- Access to volunteer training
- Regular supervision
- Access to volunteer well-being talks, packs and events
- Personable and able to relate well to older or physically disabled people
- Sensitive to people’s needs and feelings.
This is a good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for care, social, health and charity sectors.
Volunteers will be reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Hours: 1 hour a week Must be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months.|
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer