Together Co Befriending Volunteer
Do you want to get involved more in your local community? Are you concerned about being a good neighbour and helping those who find themselves isolated and lonely? Do you enjoy a cup of tea and a chat?
Together Co Befriending is a service provided by Together Co that involves a volunteer visiting someone at risk of social isolation as a result of their age, disability, or health condition (Formerly Brighton & Hove Impetus Neighbourhood Care Scheme). This usually happens around once a week with our current volunteers popping in for a chat and a cuppa, accompanying someone to an appointment, or helping with small odd jobs.
Volunteers and members are matched according to their interests and location. We find these visits provide some of our members with something to look forward to every week and as such hold a special importance to them.
- Personable and able to relate well to older or physically disabled people
- Sensitive to people’s needs and feelings
Volunteers receive ongoing support once they begin visiting. This includes:
- Access to online specialist training
- Access to volunteer training and well-being talks at the office
- Access to volunteer well-being packs and events
This is a good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for care, social, health and charity sectors.
Volunteers will be reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Hours: 1 hour a week Must be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months.|
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer