Older People Volunteer Befrienders (Worthing)
Time to Talk Befriending
It is a fact that inter-generational befriending transforms lives, however we are just skimming the surface in terms of need. There are still thousands of older people living in our local neighborhoods who are alone and have no one to regularly talk.
That is why we need your help! By becoming a volunteer befriender, you will not only be matched with an amazing older person for companionship once a week or once a fortnight, but you will also be actively helping us achieve our goal of tackling the serious issue of loneliness among the older population head on.
Help us make a huge difference in the Worthing community by contacting the Time to Talk Befriending team today on 01273 737710 or email email@example.com
What are you looking for?:
Do you have a big heart for older people? Could you be a friendly face to visit an older person who spends long periods of time alone? Even if you can only spare a couple of hours per month, becoming a volunteer befriender is extremely rewarding and is proven to be a lifeline so please don't hesitate to contact us today if you would like to make a difference.
We are looking for volunteers who have a heart for older people.
- Good communication skills are essential, however we do offer basic communication and listening skills training to all of our volunteers.
- Experience of working with older people would be an advantage.
Benefits of this Opportunity:
- Improve life-chances and the general well-being of an older person who feels isolated & lonely.
- Ongoing training: communication skills, mental health awareness, safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Be part of a team of individuals and agencies who are working towards reducing loneliness and social isolation across the City of Brighton and Hove.
Visits to older people will be taken either in their home, in the community, or in a nursing home or care home.
All volunteers are required to submit two referees and complete an online DBS check. All volunteers must be interviewed and attend our evening induction session.
This opportunity takes place in the Adur and Worthing area.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteers must be available to visit in the Worthing area.|
Where does this role take place?
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Safeguarding policy and protocols
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
16+. For younger volunteers they must be with a parent.
- Support on Offer