Kennedy St Foundation
This is a fantastic role for someone with operations and planning experience, who would like to be part of a fast growing charity making a real difference to people in recovery and their families.
The Kennedy St Foundation supports families and individuals affected by substance misuse disorder. We were founded by Kevin Kennedy (Curly from Coronation St) and Clare Kennedy in 2016, to reach more people that want to embark on a journey of recovery and transformation.
The demand for our support has grown significantly since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Overcoming problems with drugs, alcohol, or mental health is hard at the best of times. It’s even harder if you can’t leave the house to access support. Social isolation and loneliness are big factors for people drinking more or turning to drugs at any time.
Thanks to our team of amazing volunteers, we have been responding to as many people as we can during the pandemic, and been really innovative in our approach. We are now looking to develop our local service into a national recovery helpline - in response to the growing demand from people all over the country.
We are looking for a volunteer to take on the role of Operations Coordinator - supporting Clare Kennedy with planning and implement the charity's growth plans.
The role will be interesting, varied and flexible and can be shaped around the skills and time you can offer.
You MUST have experience of planning and implementing an expanding operation - either at work, in your own business, or in another voluntary role. You will also be a strategic thinker and team player.
- This is a rare opportunity to be involved in the development of a charity moving from a local to a national service.
- You will play a big part in enabling us to help transform the lives of many more people in recovery.
- You will be part of a fun, passionate and committed team.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Talk to us about what time you have available and how we can help you fit this role around your other commitments|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities