OUTFIT Retail Assistant
Emmaus supports people to work their way out of homelessness, providing a purpose as well as a stable home for as long as someone needs it.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in sustainability and fashion, and at OUTFIT they go hand in hand! Here at OUTFIT we strive to further a culture of reusing, repurposing, waste managing, and recycling fashion.
We manage a wealth of interesting vintage and second hand stock which changes from week to week. Not only will you get the opportunity to help by prepare our treasure trove of beautiful bargains and high-end designs, but you will also get to work within a friendly team assisting the public with purchases.
Your duties can vary from organising and preparing the clothes and accessories for the shopfloor, researching brands online, inspiring Pop Up sales and other events to making beautiful displays or even manning the till. There is always something to do and never a dull moment at Outfit!
We are a friendly community made up of volunteers, companions and staff. We encourage everyone to reach their full potential. Even though we have all different types of people here, we all have one thing in common – a desire to make a positive difference to our goal of ending homelessness.
What skills will I need?
- A reliable, personable nature
- A can-do attitude is the most valued attribute of all our volunteers.
- Customer Service, Retail, Business are all desirable skills, but if you are willing to learn we can train you!
What skills will I gain?
- Sales expertise
- Experience working to targets
- Organisational skills
- Customer Service
- Visual Merchandising
We can assist you with the cost of travelling to and from site.
You'll also get a free lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are flexible with any time you can give us.|
Where does this role take place?
- Homeless and Housing
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities