Terrence Higgins Trust (Brighton)
Outreach volunteers are needed to help engage with the LGBT community in clubs, pubs and public sex environments (PSE sites), saunas and other gay venues around Brighton.
The volunteer would be required to contact gay men, bisexual men and men who have sex with men (MSM) using these areas, to help them assess their sexual health needs and to promote testing and refer them to appropriate services.
- Experience engaging with the LGBT community or working in busy, social settings is ideal.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, HIV prevention work, sexual health issues and the needs of gay men, bisexual men, and other men who have sex with men.
- Full training provided.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses where possible.
- Support and supervision.
- References given subject to THT policy.
- Opportunity to undertake accredited training programmes.
- Opportunity to develop and update skills and gain new experiences.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Outreach sessions tend to take place during weekday evenings (8pm - 11pm) Volunteers will be asked to completed a minimum of 2 x 3 hour shifts each month.|
Where does this role take place?
314-320 Gray's Inn Road
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel costs and up to £5.00 for lunch.
- Health and Safety
All volunteers will complete the volunteer induction.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Support on Offer
All volunteers will be supported by their volunteer manager.
Induction training. Role specific training.